Travis_32

Sep 11, 2001
I am thinking of buying a 01 yamaha yz 125 or a 02 Honda cr 125. My dad worked out an awsome deal for the honda which is only a few hundred dollars more than the yz which he also made a pretty good deal on. I want the honda but I dont want it if it's a lemon and I know that the yz isn't. I'm 5'9 and 130lbs and don't know what to do so please give me some advice.

Thanks, Travis

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
What makes you think it's a lemon? Just get the Honda, it will be worth more when you sell it, plus its a newer bike. It's prett hard to get a lemon two stroke as they are so simple.

Honda Rippin'

Feb 19, 2001
Honda, 'nuf said! I like Honda's aluminum frame. Besides, the Honda is a 2002, and the YZ is a 2001. You can show off the Honda to your buddies and they'll wish they have the dough to buy a '02! LOL. ;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I'm sure you already know that the top 2 125's are KTM & ZOOK.:D

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Buy the Honda!
Brakes are the best and the suspension is the "best" of ALL the 125's.
The "new" frame is awesome and with a pipe and some reeds you can get the Honda to be equal with the KTM, and it will out-handle them all.
Then when you sell it you will get more for it than any of the others!
Regards:cool:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Granted the 02 CR will have slightly better handling . I'd personally go for an 02 YZ125, Shop around some more try and find a better deal. Really just get what you want. I just owned a '01 CR125 for MX it was awesome. What I did not like about the CR was power band style stock mainly mid range. I did not like the jetting woes it had stock, I also hated how the twin spars block carb access limit plug access. Other than those minor lame gripes the bike was sweet It was hard for me to get rid of it. But I just got a 02 YZ125 it has one sweet motor Its the best style 125 motor bottom phat midrange that keeps pulling on top that will just rev out, excellent handling, great suspension the jetting came more spot on I say come to the blue side of the force. :p
Whatever bike you do get they will both be super sweet, I just think you'd like the YZ more :D

Joe
'02 YZ125

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
with a name like "TRAVIS" maybe you should get the suzuki ;)

actually, if i had a choice i would go with the later model bike, HONDA.
but you probably wouldn't go wrong with either choice.

89vett

Aug 6, 2000
Get the honda.Like I have said before and will say until I am blue in the face,
your AVERAGE rider WILL NOT be able to tell the difference in power on all
of the 125's.I have seen the dyno sheets for all the 125's and you are talking
about a 1-2 horsepower differences between the most and least powerful 125.And all I hear is the Honda has no bottom end.No 125's have a powerful hard hitting bottom-there 125's!If you want more low end, increase the sprocket size.The bottom line is this-all the new 2000-2002 125's are fantastic bikes, it boils down to personal preference.If you can steal the Honda I say go for it,otherwise get what YOU want.
89vett
2000 CR125r
Had KTM 125sx,KDX 200,KDX 220

Top Bottom