02 kdx 220 carb fit on a 98 kdx

Tuff

Aug 17, 2004
Just wondering if anyone had that done! would it be an easy switch i think the carb on the 220 is smaller than the 200, at least that is what the guy told me! but if any of you have any advice on that please feel free!

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Physically, it will fit, but you are going against the consensus. Most people prefer to go the other way, and use the larger 200 carb on the 220, rather then the smaller 220 carb on the 200.

It would probably work, but you will be in uncharted waters for jetting, and I'm not sure you would be able to converge everything. The 200 with a torque pipe is a torque pipe, and with a rev pipe it is a rev pipe. But the 220 with a torque pipe is supposed to be pretty bad, and the 220 with a rev pipe acts like a torque pipe. Or so people say.

That is no doubt a result of some combination of carb size, displacement, exhaust geometry, and head porting. So who knows what happens when you put the smaller 220 carb on the 200.

I'm bidding on a 220 carb that is on ebay now (don't bid me up bro! :) ). But I have an Eric Gorr 225 kit, and I'm going to use the 220 parts to rebuild my 200 carb, probably not try and get the 220 carb working on my bike. It probably could, but I would be in such uncharted territory in terms of jetting I could spend a lot of time and money sorting it out.

Tuff

Aug 17, 2004
hahahha....which one are you bidding on right now!!! the guy from georgia! thats so funny. ill try not to brother!!! :)

Tuff

Aug 17, 2004
but if you got the carb and bored it out by say a company like....mmmmm rb designs you really shouldn't have no problem. well at least i hope not!!!

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I'm killbill on ebay... I offered the Georgia guy $75 for that carb after his last auction didn't finish, he never responded. So offer him less then that just to annoy him for ignoring me. :)

I'm bidding on the other one... Near as I can figure, the slide, needle, and seats are interchangable... that's what I need.

For that matter, if you do get a new one, I might be interested in your old one for parts. I didn't bid high, as these are all used carbs and you can never be sure what you are getting isn't nearly as bad as what you already have...

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I didn't bid high, as these are all used carbs and you can never be sure what you are getting isn't nearly as bad as what you already have...

Man ain't that the truth?? And then most these guys want well over $100 for it.

Top Bottom