ktmexc_

Aug 19, 2001
I just bought a 02 kdx the bike dosent feel balanced .i set the shock sag 95mm 3 5/8'' i'm a 185 lbs rider with full gear. im going too revalve my forks and shock .. but my question is does any body know what the factory fork spring rate weight is ?? shock factory spring rate weight ?? i want to buy new springs when i revalve if needed .... i heard the fork springs are sprung for a 130 lbs rider and the shock is sprung for 180 lbs rider is this true?? if so what were they thinking lol ... enduro rider ecea thank you john:)

ktmexc_

Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by ktmexc_
I just bought a 02 kdx the bike dosent feel balanced .i set the shock sag 95mm 3 5/8'' i'm a 185 lbs rider with full gear. im going too revalve my forks and shock .. but my question is does any body know what the factory fork spring rate weight is ?? shock factory spring rate weight ?? i want to buy new springs when i revalve if needed .... i heard the fork springs are sprung for a 130 lbs rider and the shock is sprung for 180 lbs rider is this true?? if so what were they thinking lol ... enduro rider ecea thank you john:)

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
you should be able to get away with .42 springs in the front. The stockers are something like .35 or .36. the shock spring should be fine for your weight. I am 225 lbs and am running .44 in the front and a 5.2 in the rear Race tech suggested .46 and 5.4, but I don't like getting my arms and legs hammered in roots and rocks and I don't get much big air anymore ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom