02 kdx200 Carb needle clip setting , second from the top

howes

May 7, 2009
Hello again,
When I'm Riding my bike fast , No problems runs Great, When I'm in tight rocky places working on just above idle, It fouls plugs ?
It has always run a bit rich, I took the snorkel off & I pulled the throttle slide out of the Carb, I then change the clip position from the middle position to the second groove from the top , That's one groove up.
I then took the bike for a scream up & down the street a few times & then I pulled the Spark plug out to have a look. A brown tip , not wet,
no oil deposits. Seems to run great .
Do any of you guys run your clip in the second groove from the top ??????? Any problems ?? Safe enough ?
Bike standard.
32: 1 with castrol tts Synthetic , Fuel 98 octane

I ride only in the woods unless , I'm testing the bike out up & down the street with my eyes peeledhttp://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=6#

://w

ww.dirtrider.net/forums3/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=6#

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Jetting is always different for every bike, so whether or not I have my clip in the 2nd slot will make no difference to you. If it was fouling out plugs it was certainly running rich. Dropping the needle one spot should be fine.

howes

May 7, 2009
Thanks , I'm looking forward to Riding it in the woods, not really a good test for it going up & down the street./ peter

howes

May 7, 2009
I don't know, I did'nt go any deeper into the problem ,than just poping out the slide & lifting the clip up to the second groove from the top.
I'll check it out though

Top Bottom