'02 KTM exhaust recommendations

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm looking at putting a different pipe on my '02 KTM 250 EXC. A couple of questions I hope you guys can help me with:

1. Besides the thickness of the steel, is there another advantage of the FMF Gnarly pipe over the Pro Circuit pipe? (I'm looking for more low end)
2. Anyone have experience with the FMF Turbine Core II Q? What is the performance like compared to the normal Turbine Core? How about the noise?

Thanks for your help!

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I just purchased a FMF Gnarly for my 02 300 EXC. One of my race buddies had a Gnarly on his 01 300, it definately had more bottom. I will let you know how the pipe does on the 02. I should have that done this weekend.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I ran the Gnarly on my 99 250 EXC and it was great. I did keep smashing them though, and if you ride in woods or lots of rocks, consider the Burly pipe.

As for the Turbine Core. If you have a need for a sparky, it is the way to go. There is very little flow restriction like some of the screen type sparkies and it is quieter than the reset, except for stock. That one is whisper quiet.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
It Rips

Couldn't wait, went home last night and put the new Gnarly on the 02 300EXC, it rips off the bottom. The bike will wheelie at idle if you are sitting back. I have a test track 1/2 mile, 36" max. width, off camber trail at home, the bike will pull a gear high and get into the "meat" of the powerband without touching the clutch. I could do this with the stock pipe using the clutch. It appears to flatten out on top, same as the stock pipe.I run 13/52 gearing, we run "eastern" style single track here. I hope this helps.

See you on the trail. :aj:

Top Bottom