'02 Kx 125 powervalve setup, honest question!

corndog

Dec 30, 2003
Hi Guys, I have the Kwak manual, I know im suppose to line the dot on the powervalve actuation shaft with the 'nic on the powervalve lever arm, but- I cannot (quite) line them up! I can engage the powervalve lever arm on the toothed shaft in on of two positions that nearly line's up the dot and 'nic, either a bit high or a bit low, so do I build the engine-

a, with the lever arm connecting dowel engaged on the lower plausible position, I then have to pull the crankshaft governor output rod (powervalve linkage) upwards with a little bit of force so that it can reach the powervalve lever arm dowel, the powervalve is positively forced shut, piston to powervalve clearance is 0.5mm approx. or

b, with the lever arm rotated clockwise 1 tooth from a, the governor rod is easily attached to the lever arm dowel, but the powervalve is opened a little so the powervalve to piston clearance is now 2mm approx.

I bought the bike a year ago and put in a new piston, the powervalve linkage was set up as in b, but it was owned by a cretin who I know messed about with the bike, low down power is awful (top end is good!), and the piston to powervalve clearance seems huge to me!

any help greatly appreciated
Steve

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom