cr2504life

May 17, 2004
Hey again guys, My buddy and i just recieved our piston kits and he wants to replace his tonight. It is a 02 kx250. Is there any thing i should know about doing this before i tear into it? I have done topends before but i have never touched a kawi and the kps valve. Im sure we can figure the valve out but maybe we should wait until he gets a manual. What do you guys think? Should we get the cylinder honed before we put it back together? I think i may have read that your not suppose to hone kawi's but im not sure.
On a side not my shed is starting to look like a bike shop. lol I have all my new parts hanging on the wall. My bike is sitting there bare frame theres a 00 426 with the clutch and side cover off, and no clue what the problem its (pingers for life :worship: ) and tonight theres going to be a kx torn apart in there. I think i should start charging for my work :eek:

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Nothing really out-of-the-ordinary with the KX. If you've done top end jobs before, it won't be a whole lot different. As for honing, I don't. I use a Scotch-brite pad to remove any glaze. I haven't taken apart the power valve on mine yet, so I can't tell you much there.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
The KX powervalve is a big pain if you don't have a shop manual. You will have a hard time getting the rack and everything lined back up. Don't hone the stock Kawi plating, just deglaze it with a scrotchbrite bad like KaTooMer said.

Top Bottom