Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The Yami wasn't stock, so I won't compare suspension, but I got a good idea of the motor differences. My initial impression of the YZ was that it felt faster than the TM.. It pulled quite a bit harder in every gear. I was impressed.. I got back on the TM to do a straight back to back comparison and that's where the differences came into play.. I noticed that the TM had a bit more off idle, and way more on top, without the hit in the middle like the YZ had. The extra punch of the YZ would be nice on supercross type stuff, or when you've got a jump right out of a corner. All in all I would guess power to be equal on both bikes, maybe the YZ has a wee bit of an advantage. FWIW it had an FMF exhaust, not sure if that would effect it at all. The TM was totally stock.
Both bikes turned well, but the nod went to the TM. It felt more planted and precise.
The YZ ergo's impressed me, but it had an aftermarket triple clamp and Tag bars, not sure what bend or what triple clamp setup it was. I didn't notice the "bars in your lap" feeling that Yamahas are known for.

Both bikes felt about the same weight, the YZF felt a bit more top heavy though.

The TM had a lot of engine decompression braking.

I still preferred the TM all in all, but I was impressed with the YZF, it's better than I thought it would be.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom