02 YZ 250 suspension question?

Lars01

Mar 10, 2003
I just bought a 02 YZ 250 with no time on it and want to send the suspension away to have it revalved for woods riding. I an going to race the bike in Minnesota both enduros and hare scrambles. Wondering what suspension companys have done the best job for other YZ owners?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I believe MX-Tech was rated #1 by one of the magazines (MXA I think) for YZ suspenders one year, around '01 or '02?
I am very happy with the work Jeremy and the gang did with my KX :thumb:

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
If it was an 01 I would say send it to MX-Tech but since it is an 02 send it to RG3. I sent my 02 suspension back 3 times to MX-Tech and they never even got it close to right.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
I think it wouldn't necessarily matter which company you sent your fork or shocks to b/c their only job is to do 3 things:
1. select the correct spring rate for your specific weight and riding style
2. choose weather or not swop out your piston w/ small holes for bigger ones
3. and finally the hardest part is to select the best combination of shims

Correct me if I'm wrong(I know you will), but Enzo racing, pro-action, RG3, racetech, MX-tech, & Erik's Susp. services will all be about the same. Knowledge is power. If they KNOW what and how to set it up for you then that's all you need.
Or you could just do it yourself.

dog2

Sep 26, 2002
I have been happy with TBT Racing for Yamaha YZ250 woods suspension mods. Ask for Travis if you call.
http://www.tbtracing.com/

The previous comments about honestly describing your riding style, conditions, and terrain are important. Probably any reputable suspension shop could do a good job. Although I did have a bad experience with Moose. RaceTech has also done good work for me.

Top Bottom