ram1

Dec 12, 2002
I'm not starting a new jetting topic, I've read them all, and all have been help, but since I,ve jetted my bike to run cleaner I've noticed something different. When it ran rich I pulled the choke for a cold start and as soon as it started I could push the choke back in and warm the bike, but since rejetting I have to keep the choke out much longer before I can push the choke back in. The bike runs great, crisp everywhere, yet still my plug is burning black showing a rich condition. Should I still mess with the jetting maybe leaning the pilot jet down? Thanks for anyones advice

JD-250

Sep 6, 2003
Did you make sure you shut off the engine while running WOT in 2nd or 3rd gear before checking the plug? If you didn't, you won't get a accurate plug reading.

ram1

Dec 12, 2002
No, I just rode it kind of hard and then let it idle down a hill. I should do it the way you said

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by JD-250
Did you make sure you shut off the engine while running WOT in 2nd or 3rd gear before checking the plug? If you didn't, you won't get a accurate plug reading.

If you can find the room run it WFO in 4th or 5th gear. As soon as you hit the kill switch you need to chop the throttle at the same time. When you pull the plug you need to look down into the plug where the insulator ends, or cut off the threaded portion of the plug. Good luck.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
2STROK4FUN posted this in Mods/Performance, but here it is again to give you an idea of what to look for...

read_plugs-tsr_software.jpg

:yeehaw:

Top Bottom