ram1

Dec 12, 2002
My 03 CR 250 leaks fuel out of the overflow tube. I knew they set the float levels wrong at the factory, but I adjusted the float level to what the manual specs were and now it it still drips fuel. If the bike sits on the stand in the garage not being started for a few days it just drips on the floor, the gas is shut off. I'm very confused about this and wonder if anyone else has the same problem.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Sounds like the needle and seat at the carb inlet is letting fuel by even when then float should be closing it off. There could be a small piece of dirt blocking it open. I would take the bowl off the carb and check.

ram1

Dec 12, 2002
OK, I'll pull it apart and try to see whats going on, what do you guys use to measure and adjust float levels? I checked the shutoff and it didn't leak overnight. I use calipers to measure the float level, but I don't think its as accurate as the right tool that costs about $50. How do you guys do it?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I tweak it slightly and put it together, and hope its correct:))the best way is to run a tube from the float bowl plug(maybe using a cork with a hole in it)up the side of the carb to actually see the level.You can do this with the carb off the bike.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom