aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
I have a 03 CR125r Thats totaly race ready almost nothing stock. But i know a guy who cant handle his 02 CRF450r. He is willing to trade without any cash either way. Its almost completely stock with a white brothers exhaust system.

My bike is full of new parts like: new wiseco top end with cosmetic gaskets, new rear tire, sprockets, wheel bearings, chain, brakes, execute graphics kit and seat cover. It also has a magura hydrolic clutch and a FMF SST gold series header pipe. lots of other after markets. The whole bike is hardly used.

His bike is completely stock except the with bros. exhaust. I just had a full engine rebuild. The bike shows some wear on the frame and engine case showing where his feet rubbed.

Anyone have any downs or ups to this trade. And should i trade. I like power and am thinking about doing motocross this summer.

Im 5' 10" 195 lbs
I like to ride hard and have always pushed the power of my bike. looking to keep owning a bike thats a power house.
I tend to ride on the trails and the local ohv park. A little bit on the track.
I have been riding 3 years off and on for 7. know how to for about 9 years
I like being able to do my own work on the bike.
Im sticking with a honda
I live in minnesota.
Im 18.

Used the forum help us help you to list this stuff.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
90% of riders cannot safely ride a 450. Unless you're damn good I'd stick with the 125, it'll make you a more agressive rider. If you want to upgrade try a 250 2 stroke. It's a step in between.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Asking if you should get a CR125 or a CRF450 is kinda like asking to compare a Chevy S-10 and a Chevy Silverado 3500. Yeah, they both sorta look similar, and they both are made by the same folks.. But they are two entirely different animals, each with it's own strengths & weaknesses.

Tuned properly, and ridden properly, a CR125 can be quite fast.

Most people (including quite a few pros) will never take advantage of all of the power of a 450.

You'd probably be ok weight and height wise on a 450.

I'd say the best bet is to ride both, and see which one you like best. I'm guessing that it would be near impossible for anyone on here to tell you which bike you are going to like over the other.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Dang Indy...not one little sign of sarcasm. I'm disappointed!haha :nener:
You have the uncanny ability of knowing when to pour it on and when not. I guess thats the art of sarcasm tho.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SVTMc-G said:
Dang Indy...not one little sign of sarcasm. I'm disappointed!haha :nener:
You have the uncanny ability of knowing when to pour it on and when not. I guess thats the art of sarcasm tho.

It is.. ;)

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
IndyMX said:
It is.. ;)

I already have the cr125r have had it for a while but im thinking about trading it for the 450. I see you have a crf450 how does it ride and is it that much fun having that much power.

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
IndyMX said:
Yes, it's a lot of fun.. But I'm gigantic, so I kinda need the power.

Do you think its ever to tourquey or anything like that and will it flip over on its self easy. how are hills and jumping.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
IndyMX said:
as fat as I am, I hold it down quite well.

Hills? what hills?

Gravity is not my friend.

(that better Scott??)

haha. you're the second person to call me Scott! I'm Matt......BloomingtonMX. I'm giving you that name!haha :nener:

Top Bottom