Voxshall

Nov 23, 2005
I took the airfilter out to clean all the mud out around it, using CRC cleaning foam and water hose. I had an airbox seal on when cleaning.

I then tried to start her and no such luck. I roll started it in second and it kicked over then died without really firing up. When I leave it sitting for a while the first kick (choke off) full trottle seems to almost go then the more kicks I try the worse it gets.

Any idea's??

Sorry for all the questions I got a manual finally so I will learn quickly when it gets here.

Voxshall

Nov 23, 2005
Yeah maybe I did I have know idea how to maintain my bike I have zero experiance, I found a manual on **** so hopefully it arrives soon. I tried jump starting it over and over and finally it started, then I rode around for half an hour then put it away for a few hours then I tried to start her up again after dinner and again it wouldn't start.

This time I got it going after the third hill jump start vs the first time when it took eleven or so goes and lots of rest in between.

Can I keep going like this or will I be damaging the bike??

Any other ideas on what the problem is??

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
how well did this bike start prior to this cleaning?? did you do ANYTHING else at the same time as the airbox cleaning?? what did you do with the air filter , was it also cleaned , dried , and properly oiled?? also air box cleaning is done best with an extra ten minutes to remove it with the entire subframe. the seal you put on there is okay for minor dust rinsing but anything more and i would remove.

i have the exact same bike , my suggestion so far.......turn the bars so you get more slack in the throttle cable, turn off gas valve, loosen the carb in its boots and turn it so you can take the bowl off (1 phillips head & 1 large grey hex in the middle) take out the main jet which is the 6mm right in the center of the carb , clean that with compressed air , then the probable culprit ....pilot jet which is the skinny little flatblade screw lookin deal right next to the main , again clean that with compressed air .

finish all this then pull the plug and push start down a hill, if anything could still be in there it will blow out the plug hole. replace with new plug and i bet you will be kicking her over on your own after this

Voxshall

Nov 23, 2005
It started first kick every time before cleaning. I tried it today and it strated first kick so hopefully it's fixed. But I broke the muffler riding today, lucky I have a 304 PC Std sound on the way.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Awesome,
I'm glad you got it started..

Ellandoh,
Great advice,cool that it worked the first time.....

Crazy

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Little Dinosaur said:
Ellandoh does that go for all other 250 two strokes like a 04 RM?
cant hurt, whats up with your cycle??

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom