sensor

Oct 10, 2006
I'm rebuilding my motor, and was looking for any tips or hints on what to look out for. I would hate to waste a grand in parts because of something stupid. Or not mentioned in the manual.

CRF_450GUY514

Mod Ban
Jul 17, 2005
Hone the cylinder to freshen up the cross hatch pattern, use a little lock tight on the came gear bolts, and be vary VARY clean. Clean your bike before you take it apart, I will never forget the article in motocross action magazine I read a couple years ago on rebuilding a top end on a cr 125. The bike was caked in mud and you could clearly see dirt had fallen into the crank case :coocoo: , this is a huge no no. You would think they would have wanted to set a good example for there reader’s with a CLEAN and careful step buy step guide, kind of makes you wonder how good any used bike from them would be lol.

CRF_450GUY514

Mod Ban
Jul 17, 2005
O and after the cylinder is honed use hot water and dish soap to clean it, also don’t brake it in with synthetic oil. Use standard motorcycle spec oil for the brake in then switch it over to synthetics. I personally think the crf’s NEED synthetic oil, it really does make a huge difference in piston wear from what I have experienced.

sensor

Oct 10, 2006
I'm replacing the flywheel, cylinder, intake valves, all bearings and seals, with OE parts. Spent hours cleaning yesterday. T-chian and guides were done before I bought the bike. If anyone has any tips like e.g repl. the tensioner w/ 04 tensioner stuff like that. Tha cyl wall was scored and the rod bearing was trashed along w/ worn intake valves.Thanks for any suggestions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom