LWillmann

Jun 2, 2005
I thought my 125 SX was a little weak, and found out that it needs some work (bearings in the bottom end at the least). Since the 125 felt a little weak, and I wanted something bigger anyway, I went ahead and bought a new bike.

Got a BRAND NEW 2003 KTM 250 SX. It had never even had gas in it. The dealer had accidentally mixed the last few of his '03 250's in with his '04's, and when the '05's came in and he started trying to clear his previous year bikes out he found them.

So he ended up with a single bike left, and with the new '06 bikes in the showroom, people weren't interested in the '03.

I got it for about $2000 or so below the retail price for the '06.

I got it home and took it for a short ride. It's a SERIOUS machine! It's got WAY more power than the 125 has. It's going to take a good bit of time to get used to the power of this new bike. And as easy as this thing is on gas, it'll take me forever to get it through a 4 or 5 tank break-in.

I got on the throttle a little this morning, less than 1/4 of the range of the throttle (it's a 1/4 turn, and I only used 1/4 of that) and the front end came up :yikes: and I was just along for the ride for amoment.

I REALLY like this bike!!!

Sub

Nov 19, 2004
From what I have heard that is the most potent 250 2 stroke engine ever made, serious hit in the middle of the rpm range. I've heard it jumps about 11 hp in a few hundred rpm. I have a 2001 that i've turned in to a pretty good woods weapon with a flywheel weight. New 2006 200xc on the way for me as well! Congrats, be careful until you get use to it.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
LWillmann said:
And as easy as this thing is on gas, it'll take me forever to get it through a 4 or 5 tank break-in.

if it takes 3 hours to go through a tank of gas youll be ready for a top end before its broke in :think: dang rec's

Top Bottom