Duwvesmith

Dec 16, 2001
I am interested in the 250EXC 4 stroke but know nothing about it (except the KTM website info). I have not seen tests in the magazines either.
If you have any experience with this beast could you give me some input?
Thanks in advance!
Morrisville, NC.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It's pretty much the same as the 02 with the bigger forks and shock. Identical motor.

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
The '03 has different porting and valves in the head and maybe a camshaft change. I believe there may be a carb change also. Either year is a good bike when jetted correctly.

Toolman

Ted

Mar 25, 2000
I have an 03 and really like it! have been trail riding and racing HS with it and after 3 other KTM's this one is the best one yet in my opinion. I came off of a 99 300 EXC, and like this bike much better! The electric start is easily worth a $1000 :-). A great bike and I have never wished for more power.

Ted

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
My 2 cents may not be worth much. I just got a 2002 250 exc racing. It was jetted perfectly and has a European silencer on it which has a noise level of 91dB's for which the bike was tuned to bring the power back up. I am new enough at off road to not give out to much judgement but only pass on what I was told. My buds that ride love it ( they ride 2 -strokes ) and think it's got power all the way through. No hit like their's but manageable for all situations.  Another bud has a TTR 250 and believe me when you don't jet it right it is like his - BAD. I don't think he did anything after buying it 4 years ago to set it up. This bike is the way to go and from other posts I've read has lots of possibilities for boring and changing if you get bored in a couple of years.

Do it. Go on do it. :thumb:

prcucuma

Jun 9, 2002
The 2003 has a bigger carb (37 instead of 35mm), a different ignition, a different cylinder head and the same camshaft. The forks are a bit better and I like it more than the 2002 I had. As I had both I would say that the 2003 revs a little bit better (and has there more power). You should try it yourself, it is very good to ride, makes lots of fun...

Top Bottom