snowboy

Jul 31, 2002
HELP! I have an 03 ktm 250exc. Last week while riding the rear pedal began to fade. It holds pressure for about 1 second then goes away completely. I thought maybe I had air in the lines or the fluid needed to be changed. So I changed the fluid and bled the brake lines using the Motul Dot 4. I checked the system for leaks and there was zero indication of leaks, loose bolts or damaged lines. The pads were practically new. The riding conditions during failure were less rigorous/demanding than normal, yet still muddy and very technical, which was the my first thought when the failure occurred... - that the mud was jamming things up or I had damaged something. We have a lot of granite and mud on this particular section. Any good advice would be appreciated.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Might be your master cylnder. some 03 125s have had that problem, ktm makes a rebuild kit for around $30.Not sure but I think the 250 has a different master cyl, but still could be the problem

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
As Elf says - it's probably your master cylinder seal.

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
Master cylinder if it gradually bleeds down with pressure on the pedal.

I have a 2003 KTM250exc. Did the master cylinder rebuild last month, very easy, problem solved.

BTW, I like Motul 5.1

Top Bottom