BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
I've been unable to decide between a used 03' kx 125 or kx 250. I am a novice rider 5'7" 155, 38 yr old.

Currently have an 02' KDX 200 w/ a ton of mods. Just a little bored with the bike and have never owned a true MX bike. And would like to own a state of the art machine w/ a great chassis.

I ride 70% MX / 30% woods. If I get the KX 250 I will put on a 11oz FWW for the woods and don't think it will affect the MX characteristics.

The problem is I won't ride the bike exclusively for MX or Woods and can't keep 2 bikes. I think I'll like the handling & weight of the 125, but understand it will be difficult in the woods. I rode an 00' KX 250 and it didn't scare me like I thought it might. I actually was pretty confident on it. I know the 250 would be better suited to the woods w/ some basic mods.

Also, I would like to do a couple MX races this summer, for fun only, and would probably feel more comfortable in the 125 class.

I can get an 03' KX 250 for about $3,300 and similar price for the 125. I thought about buying a KXF 250, but don't want to spend that much money plus I'm not a 4 stroke fan and it's a first year model, would prefer to wait for the 4 stroke.

Is the KX 125 too limited in its use? And is the KX 250 as smooth and linear power wise as people say compared to the other 250's. Because I have been riding my friends 00' CR 250 and it is a beast.

I would like to hear the thoughts of current KX riders especially. What they like & dislike about their bike and why they decided on buying the 125 or 250 and what would they would buy next?

Please no KTM suggestions and don't tell me how great the KDX is. I know I own one. Just looking to change and have narrowed my choices to green.

Thanks
BPJNT:)

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
The 250 would suit you best. Sounds like you will be doing many different things, so I think the 125 would be somewhat limiting. Plus, when going from a kdx200 to a 125 you will feel underpowerd, but you would have new found handeling and flickability you never had with kdx. Go with the kx250, there not like cr250s, much smoother :thumb: .

Top Bottom