dsmdarryl

Aug 20, 2007
1. My power valve cover gasket is leaky. What will this effect?

2. My carb has factory jetting and settings too my knowledge, however, I have a PC pipe on it with the factory silencer. How rich will this make me? Is it even worth rejetting?

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
1. It will make your engine dirty...... If I remember correctly there is a bold right behind the frame so it is hard to change the gasket without pulling the engine.

2. That depends on how the bike is running, if it is fouling plugs or running lean then re-jet the bike.

dsmdarryl

Aug 20, 2007
mkelly04 said:
1. It will make your engine dirty...... If I remember correctly there is a bold right behind the frame so it is hard to change the gasket without pulling the engine.

2. That depends on how the bike is running, if it is fouling plugs or running lean then re-jet the bike.

The cover is easily accessable of the left side of the engine.

It does foul plugs a quite frequently. I reduced the oil mixture to 50:1 with amsoil. I was using lucas at 4 ounces to the gallon.

One tank of gas and it hasn't fouled a plug on 50:1.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
dsmdarryl said:
The cover is easily accessable of the left side of the engine.

It does foul plugs a quite frequently. I reduced the oil mixture to 50:1 with amsoil. I was using lucas at 4 ounces to the gallon.

One tank of gas and it hasn't fouled a plug on 50:1.

Ahh, I assumed it was the cover for the actual kips valve on the front.

Get a gasket for $2.00 and replace it.

As far as the jetting there are plenty of threads on the subject so do a search. On my bike for 6k feet of elevation I believe I ran 2 sizes smaller on the main jet and 2 sizes smaller on the pilot jet.

I ran Silkolene pro 2 sx 45:1 The bike never fouled plugs.

Oh, what plug are you running? I would suggest running the eix plug instead of the eg. It is more expensive but they run a lot better.

dsmdarryl

Aug 20, 2007
mkelly04 said:
Ahh, I assumed it was the cover for the actual kips valve on the front.

Get a gasket for $2.00 and replace it.

As far as the jetting there are plenty of threads on the subject so do a search. On my bike for 6k feet of elevation I believe I ran 2 sizes smaller on the main jet and 2 sizes smaller on the pilot jet.

I ran Silkolene pro 2 sx 45:1 The bike never fouled plugs.

Oh, what plug are you running? I would suggest running the eix plug instead of the eg. It is more expensive but they run a lot better.

I've ran br8es and br7es.

Yeah, I've skimmed through a jetting guide that was a sticky in this forum somewhere. I just havn't had the time to read it yet.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
On my bike even though kawasaki said the es and eg plugs would work It always ran like poo and fouled the plugs easily. I switched to the br8eix and the thing ran like a champ. In the 5 years that I owned the bike I only had to change the spark plugs about as often as I changed the top end.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom