Tsin510

Jul 7, 2003
My son's TM85 does not seem to want to overrev like it is staving for gas, (starts popping at a certain RPM range.) have tried to go to a larger main jet (210) but it did not help, just blacken the spark plug and run fat. The bike came with a 200 main which also was a little fat. Using a (195) main and plug is a good color of tan. I think this bike has a revlimiter and is there a way to disconnect or remap the ignition? I think the iginition system is a Kokusan. I have even narrowed the plug gap which did not help. Can anyone help me with a answer other than going to a japanese bike?

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
By chance did you check the reeds.
Our TM125 had cracked reeds for the longest time as it would pop and not rev out.

Also we went to a B8EG with the stock (fatter) main. For some reason we developed a condition that caused the bike not to clear out when running slower sections or trail riding. The hotter plug did the trick.

Another time we had a popping and that came from a bad ground at the coil.

Just a few thing that may help.

These ignitions are used for karts that rev way out 12-14000. Not sure if the 85 only has a limiter.

http://greenflag.net
These guys do karts but are helpful for the bikes

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
There's no limiter my '01 TM85 Rev's big time which is virtually the same as the '03 other than some plastics motors are identical.

Top Bottom