BTF95

Mar 9, 2003
Just starting up with this new project. Anybody have any feedback on suspension upgrades,swing arms etc. The bike is basically stock except for a 88cc big bore kit,handle bars, and heavy shock springs. I am looking for opinions on shocks,forks,and swing arms.Maybe tall seat foam too. I'm an adult rider@170lbs.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I recently bought a Paioli rear shock off Ebay for cheap. It works very well. If you want to go really big travel, it's going to be really spendy. What's your budget like?

BTF95

Mar 9, 2003
I'll pay what I have to for good stuff that works. I'm really unhappy with the stock suspension with just the heavy springs, and it wheelies way to easy,I've been told a swing arm like BBR's which is 2" longer will help. I'm not looking for a super long suspension mini. Approx 5'' front and rear or what ever anyone would recommend. I'm just really tired of getting ripped off from salespeople that will sell you what ever they have in stock and not what you really need.

BigAl

Mar 30, 2001
well if you want the ultimate in front suspension get some sano bombshells(sanomx.com). as for the shock, bbr (bbrmotorsports.com) has the superpro frame, which will compliment the bombshells very nicely. this stuff gets pretty expensive but will work unbelievably well. if you dont want to spend that kind of money there are other choices, sik50's(sik50s.com) has a decent looking fork for a few hundred less that the bombshells, but no disk brake/hub or HD spokes like the bombshells, and less travel. also pax(paxracing.com) has a pretty good looking fork kit, comes with disk brake, but no hub, HD spokes, and less travel compared to bombshells. there are other just gotta look:). if you dont want to spend $1400 for the bbr superpro frame, i would recomend the ishock, only $200 for non resivoir model and gives 6" of travel. again there are lots of choices for suspension, just gotta look around. go to 50ccracing.com, very nice site, with different 50 companies showing their stuff off; not all of them but some. and believe me about the bombshells, i have a set, they are expensive, but deffinitly worth it. super plush, but ive never bottomed them out. well i hope ive helped you a little, have fun:)

Top Bottom