03' XR50R Oil flow in airbox

RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
My daughter laid her bike down today and she came back and said oil was coming out of the aircleaner. Well, the tube that runs out of the airbox was full of oil. It has a plug in the end of it. I pulled the plug out but put it back in. Can I just leave the plug out in case this happens again ?
Thanks,
Raz

B

biglou

I have an 01 that had that same tube with oil in it. I don't have the manual and never did figure out what its purpose was or how the oil got in there. I can't imagine that much oil could make its way from the case vent tube and accumulate in the airbox like that. My only thought is that it is some sort of self-oiling system for the air filter. I could be way off but that's my best guess. Of course, I've removed all that with the addition of the big-bore kit, but I remember thinking, "What the heck is all this?!"

RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
My son has one just like it and it doesn't have any inside it. So, that is why I drained it out.
Raz

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…