jeremywatco

Mar 16, 2009
Just acquired a 2004 CR250. Upon inspection the airbox was just filthy dirty. UNI filter that it had on it was not on properly, the airboot was full of dirt.

So... I took the airbox off, and started cleaning. In the process I found that I had to separate the boot from the airbox to get all the grime out.

Now everything is clean and back together however I am paranoid about the foam gasket joining the boot and box.

Should I replaced this? I know PC Racing has a rubber gasket kit for the bike, however I need something by Saturday and I dont think an online order will get it to me in time.

Unless anyone knows of a place in San Diego that sells PC gaskets....

Will the stock one suffice?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? I was thinking of just using some high temp RTV gasket maker for my test run this weekend.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I would be REAL concerned how much damage was done to the motor. If it got inside the boot, it got inside the motor! If that foam seal is still intact, it should be fine. A distorted backing plate is another story. I used the expensive silicone to help seal with success, not much, not much actually bonds. This is the weakest spot for ruining motors. The billet clamp set up is good insurance.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom