mxwizard

Jun 26, 2003
I have a bad right hip and I think I might go back to a 2-stroke soon for easy of starting. I have been on hondas for quite a while now. I hear the 04 Cr250 is a sweet bike except for the motor lacking low end. Would the 265 bigbore help cure that and maybe give a nice smooth ride? Or would a larger bore be better?

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
All it needs is some porting to shift the power down the rpm band. The 265 might be a bit hard hitting in the mid-range for you. I set these bikes up for tight woods riding all the time.

Thanks, Eric

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by mxwizard
I hear the 04 Cr250 is a sweet bike except for the motor lacking low end.

See if you can get out and ride one to see for yourself. If you get one spend the time to properly jet it, this and possibly a 50 tooth rear sprocket may be all you need. If not Eric is the man and you can't go wrong by sending him your parts.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
you might want to look into an fmf gnarly pipe, supposed to help the bottom end alot. im sure that with some gearing changes and a pipe would help alot. what kind of riding are you doing, im guessing trails/hills.

mxwizard

Jun 26, 2003
I mostly ride MX. I was looking at the 2-stroke because they are easier to kick over. If I crash and stall my CRF450 sometimes it don't start back up real quick. I have a bad right hip that is getting worse and the 2-stroke seems to start quicker know matter what. I do like a smooth torquey motor though.

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by Y2Z
you might want to look into an fmf gnarly pipe, supposed to help the bottom end alot. im sure that with some gearing changes and a pipe would help alot. what kind of riding are you doing, im guessing trails/hills.

Why would he want to go and get an fmf pipe when he could send his cylinder to Eric Gorr for a more competitive price and a MUCH MORE effective result ?

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by whitesands26

Why would he want to go and get an fmf pipe when he could send his cylinder to Eric Gorr for a more competitive price and a MUCH MORE effective result ?

Took the words right out of my mouth. ;)

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
i meant to say that he could put that on top of EG's engine work... but im not sure how great the gnarly would be in mx.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom