evil

Sep 3, 2003
i have put about 20miles on this bike, got it last week. and the dealer told me that the chain was crap and would stretch very quickly. anyway its stretched and i want to just replace it instead of adjusting it more and was wondering what would be a good long or longer lasting replacement, cost is not an issue! O hi everyone im new to the board so whats up!

-tanx in advance

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I personnaly like the RK MXZ chain because it is priced right for the time it lasts. I used to buy the DID ERT and Regina RH, but they are more expensive and you don't get more life out of it. The MXZ from RK is roughly equivalent in strength but costs less.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If the chain stretched that fast you have another issue besides junk chain. The dealer is full of it, by the way.
That chain will serve you well if you properly clean/adjust/and lubricate it.
It may well be that the chain the mfg used wasn't proof stretched, which means it may have seen a slight elongation from the initial first few rides, but after that the chain will settle in and last a good long time if properly cared for.
I suggest you find out just what part of the equasion is lacking before you waste good money on a new chain.

You said it's stetched....what does it measure now?

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I'm having the same problem with mine. I have to readjust mine EVERY time I ride. As a matter of fact, before I ride again I'll have to cut a couple of links out. I've got around 25 hours or so on my bike now too and it hasn't stopped stretching. I've never owned a non-oring chain, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. It's chewed the crap out of my little mudflap and scared (scar) the swingarm. And that's adjusting it EVERY ride!

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
the stock chain IS junk if you clean and lube it every 10 min of riding it might last a few months but if you junk it and get a did x-rimg before your sprokets are junk you will get at lest two seasons with almost no maintance just spray a little wd40 after washing the bike to keep the rust away the lube is sealed inside the x-rings.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Yeah, but see, my wife doesn't KNOW they are junk! If I let the stock chain wear out my stock sprockets in a couple of months, I can get a NEW set and change my gearing! It's all part of the big PLAN, man!

evil

Sep 3, 2003
tanx for the responses! i bought a "did ert" because it was the only thing left in town and i had!!!!! to ride this thing. i am thinking about the "sidewindersprockets.com" stuff when i change the gearing in a month or so does anyone have a review of there stuff? and did anyone actually keep the stock front tyre? im thinking about going to a 756f, any suggestions?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You are going to think every chain you buy is junk, including the one you just spent good money on.
Then you are going to buy a ring chin and feel like many others....that there is no substitute for the maintenance free ring chain.
You will eventually progress to the "these sprockets are junk" crowd.

Carmac has spoken.

Top Bottom