Chris33

Dec 26, 2003
Hey im new here..i am having a little difficulty w/ the jetting on my bike and was wondering if you guys could help me out or anything..i live and ride in socal..i asked bruce but i figured why not ask you guys too..long read..sorry

OK...i was in the garage tinkering w/ jetting for the last hour and here's what i did (this question is just about jetting notgearing or anything)..anyways..heres my bikes history w/ jetting and how it ran...

First bought the bike w/ the stock jetting..rode once w/ it and alot of oil was spewwign from the silencer...

Next i opted and used Bill's settings (alot these settings were w/ their pipe and silencer as well, which i dont have)..went down 1 size in the main and pilot, and heres the funny part..the clip was supposed to be at 2 1/2 (stock is 3), but the guy who changed out my jets instead of putting it at 2 1/2 he put it at 3 1/2!!!..well the bike ran like crap obviously and to the point where i couldnt even ride due to lack of power (no mid)...

So then after all that, we said were just gonna put it back to stock and see how it runs and give it a try...we did that and the bike surprising ran better than it ever had but heres the weird drawback..basically why im asking you this question to begin with...liike i would warm the bike up before id go out...and for my first moto the bike doesnt run to good..powers real stuffy kinda feeling..felt like it needed to be blown out type of a feeling...but id rev it and rev it to try but there was nothing to clean out...so then i go back park..sit for 10 mins then start it up and it ran the best it ever had ever..felt like i was actually get the RPM's i was supposed to...power felt real nice and crisp..it felt like how the bike is supposed to run..and the rest of the day it would run great...close to none oil coming from silencer either...

but then its still bothering me that it wont run good for my 1st whole moto so i use the half clip and set the needle at 2 1/2 to see if that would clean it up..it felt the exact same as stock except there was a little more oil coming from the silencer and i didnt really notice any benefits from it...

so just now i put it all back to stock and leaned out the air screw 3/4 turns...

do you know why its doing this and what do you think i should do..?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Not sure on your weird running problems but i run this with no issues
pilot 42.5
AS 1.5
needle middle clip
main 430
thats a good starting point.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
Just to show you how different everybody is:

I have a 2003 RM125 w/ DOMA pipe an silencer and weisco piston and 100% C12 fuel. I live at 1000' elevation above sea level. Marcus you live 6,000 miles away so your settings should definatley be different.

Main: 490
Pilot: 37.5
Needle: stock--middle clip
Air screw: 3/2 out
Bike runs awesome! Perfect settings for me.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom