marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Nothing that interesting to report-it does have alot less LS than most shocks i have seen-however to ride it you would never know.It does use a very stiff spring(5kg/mm)maybe thats the stiff feel???I have a 4.6 now but it still has alot of free sag(i weigh 165lb)

any questions?

the forks as i said before, i have only looked at the passive side, 2 stage stack, and it has loads of HSC and not much LSC.Very small cross over as well.

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Marcus,youre not using softer springs in the forks? Isnt it unusual if the front/rear balance is so wrong from the factory?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It seems that suzuki have a imbalanced setup front to rear-the 03 was the same.Stiff rear ok front, The KX was as well a little.The Euro Crs are not imbalanced like the US versions.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I rode the '04 rm125 and rmz250 this week. The rm125 suspension was pretty bad, stiff as hell, i felt every little bump. The rmz however was a totally different story, it was very plush and nice. Cant understand why they make them so different.

thomasw

Apr 11, 2002
Originally posted by pyromaniac
I rode the '04 rm125 and rmz250 this week. The rm125 suspension was pretty bad, stiff as hell, i felt every little bump. The rmz however was a totally different story, it was very plush and nice. Cant understand why they make them so different.

Was it the testride suzuki have in sweden??? Espen Blikstads bike???

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
The RM125 is Suzukis own while the RMZ is largely Kawasaki. Suzuki spec'd the engine and kawaskai built everything else. THats why they seem so different.

trialsmasta

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2003
Whats the difference between the 03 and 04? I have a 2003 but I felt the rear was kinda soft and the front could use with a wee bit more HS compression damping, but on the whole pretty good suspension. I was contemplating putting race tech gold valves in but then I was thinking to my self the stock suspension was pretty killer can race tech really make it noticably better? I mean the only wish that I have now is I could blast through braking bumps WFO.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
trialsmasta the 03 does have less HS damping in the forks than the 04, but the 04 has less LS(this is for the forks) the shock valving is totally different.

i think it could be improved but i feel the std 03 was different to you when i rode one-maybe the US models are different.

trialsmasta

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2003
Do you know what any of the shim stacks are for either the 03 or 04? Assuming that they used the same pistons I'm curious what they did differently.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
the forks are slightly different, i think the 04 rm forks are more like the CR forks, they have longer springs and other different bits from what i can seee.

i think the 03 forks are essentially the same as 02- its a 2 stage passive valve so it should be easy enough to tune- i messed with the midvalve and the forks got quite stiff and harsh so i put it back to stock.

Top Bottom