jonboyf

Aug 12, 2007
my 2004 wr 250 fork seals , one side, have been leaking bad. my question is is an aftermarket seal ok? msr? yamaha suggests 01 fork oil is this neccesary? expensive !!! any special tools needed ? i have the shop manual,but i dont want to f it up. thanx jon

Last edited by a moderator:

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
You will be fine go slow and follow the manual simply keep in mind that you wish to protect the new seal going in and be gentle. Look for anything rough that will pass thru the seal and file or polish and grease anything that might damage it. also many of the suspension shops will offer their own brand of oil that may be a bit less expensive. Once the new seals are installed try to keep them clean wipe your sliders between motos and don't let a pressure washer get to close to them. After a really muddy ride pull your wipers down and clean the mud that is next to the seal.

hope this helps

D

jonboyf

Aug 12, 2007
thanks , the bike has low miles , 750 , i dont understand why its leaking, i do tighten the tie down straps pretty tight though, or maybe dirt caught in the seal. so i should break down and buy the kayaba oil? not 10 wt fork oil. im not a racer. trail riding only, turkey runs, etc. jon :cool:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom