M

mountainman

just got done with the mods( cut grey wire,removed air box snorkel,filed throttle stop,twinair filter,pmb exhaust tip,power now insert,2.5 turns out on air fuel,no jet changes,13-52 sprockets,did chain,zip ty slies+glides,braking wave rotor rear.) runs like a raped ape! straight from idle thru god knows what rpm,unbelievable power curve,no hesitations no bobbles just straight up power. i used to ride a tricked out it490 which i thought was fast,iwas wrong not only is the wr fast but very controlable w/stock suspension. i would highly reccomend these mods.would like to hear from other wr people.

tator

Feb 17, 2004
I would be interested to know how it does heads up to a yzf. I have a yz426 and I would like to go to the wr.I am sick of people pushing buttons while I'm left kicking, but thats not the only reson I want to go WR.

mountainman

Mar 5, 2004
i've not ridden the yzf but from what i gather the wr has much more bottom end and usable power due to a heavier fly wheel and different cam. stock it comes with some sort of timing retard but can easily be fixed by cutting a grey wire from the ecu,the wr is 20 sum pounds heavier but it does'nt show it to me.(6'4" pushin 300) suspension is better than i thought it would be for my weight the only thing i cant figure out is a bit of brake stutter in the rear, it has rebound damp,hi+lo compression damping so if you know the magic combo let me know! other than that if you ride the woods go for it,if your an mx'er stick with kickin!

Top Bottom