hawaiiyz125

Sep 28, 2003
Hello to all
I have read from Motocross Action Mag. that the chain on my bike sucks and will eat the sliders in a month. IS THAT TRUE? Need your guys opinion, thanks.

Sorry, new at this game.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
That's another bunch of crap from MXA.

If the sliders are going to wear out, it has nothing to do with the chain, unless they decided to put a larger chain than the sliders are made for.

There is nothing wrong with the chain, but there is lots to be desired for what MXA knows about anything, let alone proper chain maintenance and recommendations on chains.

I hate to sling mud at a business, but in MXA's case, exceptions must be made. The influence that MXA has on folks is amazing.
When they run out of credible information they get from credible folks, they start making stuff up. If they aren't making stuff up, they are printing things spouted from kids who have nothing but high dollar two-stroke oil and gangstah rap in their skulls.

All you young YZ riders should steer clear of MXA, if it's credible maintenance information you are after.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I would have to highly doubt that if the sliders wear out it is due to the quality of the chain, unless they are using a chain from a chain saw.

hey Jay only blue riders should follow your advice? :confused:

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
On a slightly different note, most stock chains stretch pretty fast, make sure you stay on top of your adjustment... until I went aftermarket O-ring chain, my stocker needed adjustment EVERY ride.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
The stocker was on my 02 YZ250 for over 6 months, I put a new chain on the stock sprockets and am still looking great.

Top Bottom