Mar 12, 2006
i have a 2004 yz125, i have a fmf gold series sst fatty, a fmf powercore ll silencer, carbon fiber reeds, twinair filter, and a wiseco piston with no over bore. any help

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Judging by the title in the absence of the problem actually being listed in the post like is standard practice, it sounds like you need to look at the sticky a few threads obove this in the 2 stroke forum, where it gives links on how to jet a bike. That is how you jet your bike, not by asking us to recommend jets for a bike over the internet. We're not riding the bike, we don't know how hard you ride it, we don't know where you are actually riding, the type of riding you are doing, the fuel you run or any other variables that will affect what jets your bike needs. Your bike, you as the rider and how and where it is ridden are all an individual entity that has to be tuned for its needs, not someone else's. In short, your bike can only be jetted by you or someone else helping you, in your actual riding conditions, not by us over the internet.

Mar 12, 2006
what settings would you recommend. the bike came with a #400 main jet, i''ve been told by my my dealer that just for normal riding i would need about a #420-430 main jet.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
You can't jet a bike with the motor out, or by guessing what is right. You need to start with a setup that you know is safe (rich) and work down from there to get it spot on. Sorry, but the only way to have it spot on is to get the motor back into the bike and set it up from there.

Mar 12, 2006
ok the bike ran perfect for awhile then one day i ran it extremely lean and cracked the piston. only thing i can come up with is sand clogged the jet (sand settled on the bottom of the carb bowl). I tore it down and put a wiseco pro-lite piston in it and put it back together (cleaned carb of coarse) cranked it up today 15:1 fuel/oil mix. castor 927. It pours out white smoke it used to be blue what causes that? thanks in advance

Top Bottom