70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'm not sure where to put this?
I had a chance to look at the new ATK 450 this weekend up at a club ride. (CCC)
My friend & Dealer (Euro motors) Brought up a brand new 450 and letting people do test rides. I sat on the bike and it felt a lot like the old Cannondales “duh” Felt like they put it on a diet also, but in all it looked to be a fine bike, good finish, fit etc! I didn’t get a chance to ride it but I could of. I just came off a 40+-mile loop and was looking for my son
(ALSO HE SAY'S HE CAN SUPPLY CANNONDALE PARTS!)

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Zerotact which one did you buy? Last fall I took a MX version for a nice 30 mile long advance trail ride. I really like the way it felt. even though it had the MX suspension. The enduro version, I bet would feel even better for me?

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I bought an MX bike, if I can squeeze anything out of my bank account I am gonnna send the forks, and shock of the MX-tech. That should cure all, well that and a damper.

KRN IN MI KRP

Feb 28, 2005
Zerotact said:
I bought an MX bike, if I can squeeze anything out of my bank account I am gonnna send the forks, and shock of the MX-tech. That should cure all, well that and a damper.

HI GUYS, NEW TO THE SITE BUT JUST THOUGHT ID HAVE TO JUMP IN ON THIS ONE. IM A 30+ INTER. AND HAD MY 450 (KTM) SUCK A VALVE 1HR BEFORE A RACE. MY FREIND HAD A BRAND NEW 03 CANNONDALE MX THAT I HAD NEVER RODE. WITH A FEW ADJ. I WAS OFF AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW WELL THE STOCK OHLINS SUSPENDERS COMPARED TO MY 1500$ WHITE POWER SUSP. IN SHORT OHLINS SUSPENSION SHOULD ALREADY HAVE EVERY THING YOU NEED SAVE YOUR MONEY(unless you need springs) JUST DIAL IN YOUR CLICKERS. :cool:

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I'll prolly have to wait for the suspension, and get the damper fitted first. I was just really happy with the plushness of my KDX suspension MX-tech did.
My '03 C'dales felt stable, but the springs were stiff, and on rocks I jarred my teeth loose.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
When I rode the 05 last summer. The suspension, it wasn't perfect but I could deal with it. A little plusher would of been nice. It was just a little stiff

booner

Mar 3, 2005
Atk 450

Raced an ATK 450 in the national enduro, articles to follow.

I agree with the contributor on the Ohlins suspension. Much can be done with the settings to smooth up the ride in the woods.

It's a great bike and I expect ATK to ramp up production. The engine is a marvel, and much is amazing about the bike. Fuel injection requires battery power to run however, and a new mind set for dirt biking. Basically, with a few mental adjustments, you've got the best woods or moto bike around, and you're riding American. I'm damn proud of our American engineering, and open to any questions.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I can't wait to see what the future holds, I've had a few phone conversations with people from ATK. They are still yet improving on the bike. I'd like to see a few more aftermarket parts. But that's not gonna hold me back, as I will make my own parts.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Zerotact, there is little that a susension company is going to do to improve the Ohlins suspension, other than make sure you have the right springs. Play with the adjustments once you get it broke in Save your money.
Edit- I read your post about your 03 dale being stiff that sounds like a spring issue which you can change yourself.

If you are extremely light you may need a revalve.
Enjoy your bike wish i could afford one

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
It's just gonna be a re-spring, and re-valve on the front and rear. Bike is not here yet, Called them today, said it should Ship Monday. Buying the D&M kit, and a laptop to run the D&M software, has taken a chunk out of my steering damper, and suspension Budget.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Well, It's been a few months.
Mx-Tech set my forks up for me. And ATK sent me a re-valved enduro shock. The bike has been fun, quite powerfull, and as always unique. ATK has been great about getting me parts, and I've finished every race I've entered since I got the bike ready. Now I just need to work on getting into shape so I don't get tired from wrestling this big bike arround the single track.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Great to here that's it working out! Where are you buying your parts from? Who's your dealer?

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
The bike was sent dirrectly to me from ATK, and I have some parts credit that was part of my deal also. So, I don't really have a dealer. Being as I owned, and traded in 2 cannondales, I knew how they worked, and service the bike myself. I get my parts dirrect from ATK, the guys have been great I'll call and have the parts in my hand in time to race the next weekend.

I would like to mention, there are some great dealers out there. The one closest to me is Santa Fe Trail Cycle, and he could provide anything I would need, but there wasn't any money in the deal between me and ATK to include him, although he was mentioned several times...

The bike Hasn't needed anything but maintenance filters.. etc... And I look foreward to riding it every race...

Top Bottom