Nirvana520

Sep 29, 2009
Sorry if i have posted here before but i need some help really bad
i have a 05 CR85 that is bogging down badly..cant even pull out on it.. it idles fine but if you gas it too fast it dies or if you let out the clutch it jumps forward a bit then dies..i have road it before (lucky) it has no power can only ride it on flatground also the honda shop told me the check the cylinder and it has a few scratches one of them kinda deep but not really bad but yeah thats the problem now heres a list of things i have done to it.

New jets cleaned the carb repacked the silencer (had no packing on it and was packed with oil) blew out both fatty and silencer with compressed air new spark plug cleaned air filter new wiseco piston new oil fresh gas mixed at 32:1 sounds better after all that but dont run better..
also when i blew out the fatty and silencer both of them had oil inside..sorry for the long post but im just wanting to get this thing fixed badly..any ideas that u think will help please tell me and i will buy the parts or clean parts etc i got a great deal on it dont care to put money in it btw i bought it from a 12 year old who done nothing to it at all.. when i got it it was very low on oil etc he just road it till it wouldnt ride any more

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Do a compression check and leak down test on it.

tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
the cylinder had "deep" scratches?
It probably needs replated...
As the above post states compression and leakdown test will tell you how bad the damage is.. don't run it too much or you'll ruin that new top end and have to buy a new one if it does need replating.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom