05 KTM 450 EXC or New 06 450X? (80% Pure Woods, 20% DS)

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
Wow! I thought it would be a no brainer. A 450EXC for $3600 and I know the history! Then the wife said "Okay!" I could not believe it. She really does love me. :) But then, I began to think and she began to remember what I said the in the past....for and against KTM and Honda :blah: :) So I can buy a brand new 06 450X for $4900.

So, here's the deal: I want a bike I can put a tag on to dual sport occasionally. (which may narrow it down to the KTM) I also only ride in the woods. A mix of single and two tracks and I will do some hill climbs too. But nothing "life flashing before your eyes" style. I'm 43, 220 lbs and am currently on a 2001 CR250 which I have grown to like.... (notice I did not say love? :laugh: ) and will most likely keep the CR as a spare since it runs well, is in pretty good shape and isn't worth a whole bunch to someone else. Anyway, does anybody have any input here? Does anyone here DS a 450X?

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
I'm getting the EXC. It is more readily made street legal, has skids and barkbusters. Plus it is about $1500 cheaper (plus needed bolt-ons) and a little below market value. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom