tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
I'm looking to upgrade to a 250f and I've come down to two bikes: a) Used 2005 kx250f b) Used 2006 kx250f
Lots've people have told me that the suspension on the '06 is way nicer, however i'll be getting mine redone anyway as I'm only 120 pounds. I've also heard power delivery is quite a bit different and that the '06 has more power... the thing is that the '06 is $1000 more... is the extra bit of power worth it? I race motocross but I also pay for it myself...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
kawicam250 said:
the '06 is hands-down better in every aspect. from suspension and handling, to power and looks, even reliability.

Reliability? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Dream on junior.

The 2006 RMZ250 has the same reliability issues as the the previous years. It's time for you to stop parroting back nonsense from magazines out here.

A used RMZ250 from ANY year is a huge risk unless you really know the exact history of how it was ridden and how it was maintained. There is a very good reason people unload RMZ250s every year for prices that seem low.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Rich Rohrich said:
Reliability? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Dream on junior.

The 2006 RMZ250 has the same reliability issues as the the previous years. It's time for you to stop parroting back nonsense from magazines out here.

A used RMZ250 from ANY year is a huge risk unless you really know the exact history of how it was ridden and how it was maintained. There is a very good reason people unload RMZ250s every year for prices that seem low.

this thread is about KX250F's, not RMZ's. yes, i know that they were the same bike for '04/'05, but not anymore. im not parroting back from magazines, that came from personal experience.

i would agree with you if this discussion was between an '04 and '05, but i know that youre smart enough to read the title.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
kawicam250 said:
this thread is about KX250F's, not RMZ's. yes, i know that they were the same bike for '04/'05, but not anymore. im not parroting back from magazines, that came from personal experience.

You are correct about one thing I should have made one point a lot clearer.

The changes between the KXF and RMZ are not significant enough to matter for the year in question.

The same core problems exist in the 2006 KXF250 that have plagued the RMZ/KZF250s regardless of the drivel that some marketing tool has written to convince you otherwise.

I'd LOVE to hear about your "personal" experience with the maintenance and reliability of a bike you don't own and have never maintained. Do tell. :rotfl:

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Rich Rohrich said:
The changes between the KXF and RMZ are not significant enough to matter for the year in question. The same problems exist regardless of the drivel that some marketing tool has written to convince you otherwise.

I'd LOVE to hear about your "personal" experience with the maintenance and reliability of a bike you don't own and have never maintained. Do tell. :rotfl:

i shouldve been more clear, i was referring to the changes made to the KXF between '05 and '06. if i remember correctly, the valves and overheating were the big part of what caused the '04/'05 KXF/RMZ to be unreliable, i havent heard of any problems relating to valves or overheating for the '06 KXF( ive been keeping an eye on TT for over a year now since my next bike will be a KX250F). im no maintenance expert, and i know you are, but im dying to know what's got you pitted against this bike?

Which point are you referring to?( the one you mentioned at the top of your last post)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
kawicam250 said:
i havent heard of any problems relating to valves or overheating for the '06 KXF

You need to get out more. The engine has the same valve issues, the same crank issues, main bearing issues, and just to add in some new fun the 2006 KXF250 has some interesting new trans related issues.

If you like the bike GREAT, buy one and be happy. Just knock off the posting of your OPINIONS as FACTS. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and no one will hammer you for it if you post it as an opinion (well some might but not me). If you post things as FACTS that AREN'T, prepare to see the post deleted from here on out.

I have neither the time nor the desire to clean up after every goof with an internet account who has nothing better to do than post BS on DRN. I think you'll find the rest of the moderators on DRN are getting pretty tired of this crap as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom