Air440

Mar 3, 2005
I'm wondering if anyone knows what I should do or buy to fix my problem. The clutch on my yz was slipping extremly bad, so I put in new plates and springs, the basket didnt seem to be notched to bad so I didn't file it, but the inner hub sure looks wavy (notched). So anyway I got it back together and it worked great for a few rides, then all the sudden it started slipping bad again, so we put another plate in behind the rest of them just for a temporary fix. Now the clutch lever seems to be kinda spongy and it feels to me like the shifter goes into neutral way to easy, and is harder to get out of neutral which is not a good thing on an sx track. Do you think I should get a new hub and new plates again, and file the basket? cause I'm not real sure what all I need to replace.

thanks for any help you can give me.

Gid

Oct 19, 2005
abad hub would give the oppisite prob..it would make the cluthc stick you need better springs or something along thoes lines ...also check your freeplay.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
sounds like your bearing may have broke up like many in the UK, its the one that sits on the arm of the lever, that pushes against the shift drum, do a search for this topic.Dont ride it until its sorted as it will damage the gearbox and cost a fortune.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think you just can drain the oil as a check as often the ball bearings come out in the oil.If you need to go deeper you can remove the clutch cover and you will see the part.

Air440

Mar 3, 2005
I removed the clutch cover and didnt see anything unusual.........not real sure what i'm looking for though, and there are no peices of metal or ball bearings in the oil.

Top Bottom