SBC383STROKER

Feb 28, 2008
Hi,
Before we go on any further, i am new to 125's. I have ridden a 250 for the past four years but i rode my buddys 125 and i love it. So i got a 125. Anyways, the 125 i bought cuts out when you chop the throtle in 2-6 gear. Note: If you chop the throtle in 1st gear, it does wheelies so its good in 1st gear. The first thing that came to my mind was that it was running lean so i lowered the clip on the needle and backed out the air screw 1.5 turns out from closed. It still bogged. My next move is go up one size on the pilot jet. However, my true question is the following. Is this normal for 125's since they're supposed to be ridden pinned or is it an issue? According to my buddys who have ridden 125's its normal but they haven't ridden my bike yet. So for any of you guys who have ridden 125's for a long time and for those of you guys who know how to ride them, please help me out.
Thanks,
Alex :ride:

FNG

May 2, 2008
Check your spark plug cap to wire connection. I had a similiar issue with my 95' YZ250 after I did some motor work. It ran fine until I got on the pipe, especially in the higher gears when I loaded it more. It drove me nuts for a week until I tried this as I was out of ideas.

I removed the cap from the wire, cut 1/2 in off to get to some new wire and re-installed the cap back on the wire and it ran mint.

Dirty connection combined with a loose cap was the issue.

Hope this helps, if not you can mark it off the list.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Bogging is not normal, at all. It is dangerous to say the least. It would be sweet if it is something like the spark plug wire. Stop changing more than 1 jetting setting at a time. Properly adjusting the air screw should put the pilot in the ball park, use the chokes ability to richen the mixture, to confirm a rich or lean condition. An off idle bog has nothing to do with the needle. 125 means a lot more maintenance, used means a lot more variables that can cause a bog, besides jetting. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom