05 YZ 250 shock swap with an 03?

mxer_69

Dec 14, 2000
Just wondering if the shock is the same for 05 as it is for the 03's. Just to clear things up...i want to put my 05 shock from my blown up bike thats toast, into a buddy's 03 with a junk rear shock. Hoping to do a swap so i can at least ride this weekend. Thanks

mxer_69

Dec 14, 2000
Well i took a chance and swapped everything i could over to this POS 03 YZ 250 that the dealer is letting me use for the first race of the year. Turns out the shock does fit and works pretty good.

While i was at the shop switching everything over i talk to the mechanic who was/is working on my bike. I asked him about the whole gas issue. He said its a slight possibility but in his opinion, it was just a failure of the bearing itself. I'm sure i'll get 100 more replies telling me that it was my mixture :blah: :blah: , but i'll stick to my guns and say it was the bearing. ;)

But for future use, i'm going to use Bel-ray HR-1....at about 350:1... :laugh:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
:)

Glad to hear they're still fixing it, from the original post here I thought something bad happened..

You should reconsider the HR-1, these motosickles don't need such an expensive oil, try using Evinrude outboard stuff at 600:1 it's a lot cheaper :laugh:

Top Bottom