givi1999

Apr 13, 2008
Bike has been sitting for about 6 months in his basement before i fired it up this afternoon. Question is when i started the bike and was waiting for it to warm up i heard this squeak noise coming somewhere from around the motor, so i got down and was watching and listening and i heard it 3 or 4 more times. By the second time i found that it was coming from the transmission and when it squeaked i could see the front sprocket twitch forward a little. WEIRD (almost like it was in gear and i was slowly letting the clutch out). Or almost like a dry bearing or clutch pad. Is this the start to some sort of future problem? Or is this mabee from sitting with out being ran for months. I then rode the bike and everything seemed normal from then on out. brought the bike back and let it idle for about 60 seconds and sounded normal.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
when you ride a bike the oil spreads for the all engine, and when then bike don´t work for a lot of time the oil film that stays in the engine parts sits down...
it takes a little time to take the oil again to every parts...
the clutch when leave without working for a long time just dont´t work.. the plates are like glued up
i´m not sure but could be the case that the plates was just "deglueing" (i reallthink this word doesn´t exists!!! :bang: )

Top Bottom