Mullenhead

Feb 20, 2006
Hi Guys,
This is my first post to the forum, even though I've been reading for some months now. I'm returning to MX for the first time in 12 years. I raced through my teenage years but gave it up when I joined the military in 92'. Now I'm a bit older, 32, and looking to get back into the sport. I have a couple of things working against me. I'm currently living in Germany and have for 10+ years. I always wanted to buy a new CR250, because I always had used bikes in my early years. From reading the Rags I've learned MX is not what it used to be. 4-Strokes? I was shocked!

I'm 6'4" and 195 lbs without Gear. I consider myself to be a intermediate rider.

Anyway. I tried to order a 06 CR250 over 6 weeks ago from a company here in Germany that delivers them new to your door. However, it seems HONDA missed the boat as far a how many bikes they needed here in Europe this year. After waiting six weeks, I was told today it will be a least two more weeks...

I've been hearing good things about the KTM 450SX and I'm considering giving up on the CR250 and getting the KTM. I'm thinking being in Europe it would be better as far as parts go as well. Not to mention, VP Racing fuel is $22 a gallon here. :coocoo:

I would be very interested in any, and all opinions, on which bike to get. Do I continue to hold to the 2-Stroke or just give in and join the Thumper craze...

Looking forward to your input...

MullenHead

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
FWIW, I'll be taking delivery of an '06 250sx later this week. See if you can't bum a ride on both a 450sx and a 250 2-stroke.

WLG101190

Apr 30, 2006
I would say to maybe get a 125 2-Stroke because they are about the same height as the 250 2-Strokes but just less power, because my father owns a 250 2-Stroke and it has a lot of power in it, almost to much if you are just riding trails and not racing it. But a 125 is basically the same size but just less power.

Mullenhead

Feb 20, 2006
Thanks for the info and update

Thanks for the advice ls1cameric! After seeing your post I went back online looking for other German bike sources. In the end I found one and gave them a ring. Sure enouph they had a CR250 sitting on the showroom floor. It will be here next week! :cool:

I'll just hold on the 4-stroke for a couple years... When I do, it will be orange!

MullenHead

Top Bottom