Nov 25, 2009
Ok, first off, thanks for reading this Thread I am hoping i can get some help. Ok now to the topic, I have a 2006 KX 85 and it doesn't have enough power, so I have a nice 2007 KTM 85SX ready to be mine to solve the power problem. I am going to keep the KTM for 85 class, and my Kawasaki I am going to big bore to a 112cc for the Supermini class. Do I need to change anything else on the Kawi when I big bore it? New jetting, pipes, anything else?

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
if your looking for more power, geta PC line up of pipes, vforce reeds, polish/ported cylinder, the works, only if u got the cash. if your lookin for power, there u go

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Actually if you want more power the big bore is a much better starting point than a pile of bolt on parts. Making a complete "system" for your ultimate goals is the best approach and you would be hard pressed to find anyone better than Eric Gorr to do the modifications necessary as well as suggest any other item you might need.

Jul 4, 2006
If your looking to take a KX 85 to a Supermini you'll need longer swingarm, longer rear brake hose, longer rear brake pedal. And of course the big wheels to fit in the longer swingarm.

Just had Eric do a cylinder for a 103cc setup and it's plenty of power for my 12 year old right now.

MXDUDE112

Jun 9, 2010
jetting if you do the bigbore it need to take in more air and fuel for that bigger pistonalso getting a pipe like a FMF is good and rather cheap and gives you plenter of extra power.

Top Bottom