jez20151

Aug 19, 2007
hey guys, I have a huge problem, I just got this new RMZ and the bike ran great but I noticed oil leaking out of the bottom of the drain bolt, so i changed the oil and I filled it to what i thought was the proper oil level 1500 cc, thats what it said on the oil filter cover; cause it had a hinson clutch cover on that did not specify the oil amount. anyways I rode the bike at that level for an hour I stalled the bike and the kick starter would not go down, almost like the engine was seized, but the kick starter sometimes goes down, if you go to kick the bike over the kick starter freezes but if you continue to kick like 3 or 4 more times it finially it goes through the engine, and it will start! its almost like on an old 2002 yz250f with the decompression lever that if you didn't pull it in before you kicked through the motor the kick starter wouldn't move. but when you pulled it it wen't through... anyways at first I thought i hydrolocked the motor, but i drained the oil and but in 1150 cc of oil in cause with a filter change the bike calls for 1300cc of oil. I checked the head by pulling the spark plug out to see if I got any oil in there but there was none so i did not blow the oil seal like one would think... do you guys think that this is a decompression problem inside the motor??? what would you guys think the problem could be? so the bike still starts sometimes but its a bear to start and very concerning

jez20151

Aug 19, 2007
hey guys so you know I did figure out the problem actually before I read the post above, but thanks for your response. I did pull the valve cover off and sure enough it was a broken spring that was causing the problem. so if this situation is to happen to one of you that is the problem. thanks again!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom