'06 YZ450F Springs

Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
I just bought a great new bike. However, the dealer that sold me this used bike said it has the next step heavier springs both front and rear. I recall all the mags saying that the '06 YZ450 had awesome suspension front and rear and didn't need a thing for an average rider like me, 170 Lbs., top 10 45+(Senior) class.

Should I be concerned? I'm too busy, I haven't even rode the thing yet to have an impression!

kawamaha

Mar 16, 2005
depends what he understands with "the next step". the owners manual says 0.47 stock, 0.48 stiffer for the fork. in that case you will hardly feel a difference. for me one step is 0.02 for the fork and 0.2 for the shock, means if there are 0.49 springs in the fork it could be a bit on the stiff side (though I prefer stiffer springs with softer valving) but I would give them a try and if you are not satiesfied you can either buy stock springs or if you able to take your fork apart you can soften your shim stack a bit, thats what i would do.

for the rear you have to check your sag, must be many "how to do's" around here

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…