AlStar250

Apr 28, 2006
Aaaggghhhh.... I THINK the time has come. I grew up on 2Ts, I just bought my 13yr old son a new YZ125, my current steed just got stolen(!!!!) and was an '03YZ250, and its time for something new. I filled out a credit app at OTDcyclesports and I'm in. $6300 for anything I want and I CANNOT for the life of me make up my mind. For that price I can have a brand new '06CRF450 or the '07YZ450F. I have spent some time recently on an '05CRF450 (cousin's) and an '05RMZ450 (brother-in-law's) and I think a 4T in in my future. The pros and cons of the CRF are Pros- Everything! Its all everything, right? Well according to every write-up about them, but tell me if I'm wrong. The cons - EVERYONE has one...and I don't necessarilly fit into the "be like everyone else thing" The Yamaha is my first choice although I don't know THAT much about it. I've never ridden one and I'm concerned about power (how far from the CRF is it?) and reliability...are the 5 valves really the most reliable. So please all '06 and up CRF450 and YZ450F owners, chime in and steer me in the right direction...PLEASE!!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
For just plain mechanical superiority,Honda.Who needs 5 valves for a single cylinder?Who needs 2 cams,gyro effects up high,more weight,more parts and cash!Who needs separate trans and engine oil,to bad for any 4t engine that uses the same oil!

Top Bottom