lisah

Apr 27, 2007
I am still looking at getting a 250 and posted a thread earlier about the wr250 or the crf250x - I just discovered the klx300r and am curious if it is a good bike. I haven't heard much about them and most people seem to suggest a honda, yamaha or ktm instead. Does anyone have any opinions about the klx? Any problems? Any great features? I like the seat height and sounds like it might be a nice trail bike - i am not planning on jumping or racing - just trail riding in the woods and desert. Hum.....

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
it's a heavier machine than either the YZF or CRF, maybe a little slower, but it's also shorter in seat height. The technology is solid, and probably reliable.

A good choice, but a bit porkier than the other race-bred steeds

lisah

Apr 27, 2007
Thanks for the info. Does it actually feel heavier? I definitely don't want a heavy feeling bike - even though all these bikes are pretty heavy, the lighter feeling the better. Which of all the 250s do you think has the nicest low end - ie: putting in rocky, tight terrain? :)

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
It's been several years, but every KLX (250 or 300) I've swung a leg over I've pretty much hated. A little heavy, soft suspension, VERY hard starting when hot and the CV carb makes for slow throttle response.

Go blue, red or orange and be happy, not green with envy.

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I have a CRF250X and I ride with kids. It does a nice job of putting around the trails but still has good get up and go when I crack open the throttle.

Top Bottom