hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
alright the people I race with here in minnesota just bought an rm 85. Not even a week later they blew it up took the cylinder and everthing. This bike is completly stock, they get it back together after the first time and ride it for another week and it explodes again. The kid ridding it is not wringing the snot out of it either decent but not one that should toast a a motor every weekend. Hmmm that makes me think these people dont warm their bikes up at all a few blips of the gas and they go tearnin off wot in third gear. Also they mix their gas 40:1 instead of 32:1 which should be done espically in an 85. so what do you guys think. havent had a chance to see the piston yet but they said the ring was cracked in the same two spots each time. Thank you to all you brains out there. Ryan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What kind of failure?
What parts were replaced?
What brand parts were used for the rebuild?
Were ALL the machined surfaces checked after failure #1?

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
there was no compression, the kick starter went to the peg like the spark plug was out of it. the oem piston and cylinder were replaced and that was it the head was still good. not sure about the last one.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sounds like you need to come up with a lot more specifics before a guess can be given.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
thats the kicker they always tell me thay do but to them break in is letting it idle on the satnd for a few minutes and call it good. ok i just talked to him and he said the power valves ended up hitting the piston both times. evidently they came down to far, and this was right from suzuki.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So the powervalve hit it the first time and they didn't do anything about it on the rebuild? No manufacturer is 100% all the time so a few errors can happen. How they react to making the problem right makes a lot of difference IMO. Since the person that rebuilt it didn't bother to resolve the original problem it's not suprising it happened again and will continue to happen until it's properly fixed.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
that is correct their to arrogant to let someone tell them how to warm a bike up. whatever i' ll let them bask in their close minded arrogance, and watch as they destroy every bike they will ever own.hey it isnt my money these guys put $10,000 in a kx 85 before they decided it may take just a little work to make it consistently run well. dumb people are funny. hahahahahah :nener:

Top Bottom