AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
no,
it has 22mm offset triple clamps
(instead of the tradtional 24mm on hondas)
and a new steering damper.
The engine also has some new parts and specs..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
i think they should go back to a single exhaust. Most people dont want to spend over 1000 just on a aftermarket pipe and silencer
The thing is nobody HAS to buy a new exhaust.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
nobody HAS to but most people do. Most the guys at the track dont have stock exhaust

And most (if not all) of those guys with afermarket exhausts would be going just as fast with their stock exhaust system.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Hubert, in California, we the term bro to describe people who pay lots of money for useless parts to trick out their bikes. This also applies to people who lift their trucks on blocks or with body lifts, then run through a puddle and never wash to make it look like they take their truck off-road.

I really am against Honda using the dual exhaust as well, though. I think it adds to the cost of the bike, adds minimal performance improvement, weighs more, etc... Where the dual exhaust really sucks is if you are a "responsible" rider and want to put a quieter exhaust system on the bike. The design of the end of the can does allow for simple bolt on modifications to the muffler indluding spark arrestors and quieter tips.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
. . . I really am against Honda using the dual exhaust as well, though . . . Where the dual exhaust really sucks is if you are a "responsible" rider and want to put a quieter exhaust system on the bike. The design of the end of the can does allow for simple bolt on modifications to the muffler indluding spark arrestors and quieter tips.
if it does allow for it (which I believe it does, since Pro Moto Billet makes some pretty slick end caps for the machine -- http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/46_49/products_id/52), I think that's pretty awesome.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
76GMC1500 said:
Hubert, in California, we the term bro to describe people who pay lots of money for useless parts to trick out their bikes. This also applies to people who lift their trucks on blocks or with body lifts, then run through a puddle and never wash to make it look like they take their truck off-road.

I really am against Honda using the dual exhaust as well, though. I think it adds to the cost of the bike, adds minimal performance improvement, weighs more, etc... Where the dual exhaust really sucks is if you are a "responsible" rider and want to put a quieter exhaust system on the bike. The design of the end of the can does allow for simple bolt on modifications to the muffler indluding spark arrestors and quieter tips.

Lol, we have too many "Bros" around here! Every bolt-on magic part you think of. Funny how they get schooled by older guys on older stock bikes. Seriously, with two straight through mufflers stock, do you think its worth it to spend a grand on afermarket cans? No. I also would prefer a single quieter muffler. I run PMB 96 db caps, but it is still quite loud. And for a little more than what those cost I could have bought a whole single can muffler. The look is awesome though.

May 10, 2007
leo vince makes an aftermarket muffler for the 250R. it is still dual. not sure how quiet it makes it.

as for bros they are everywhere. my bike is stock excecpt for the Q4 which is to make it quieter and a spark arrestor.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
yeah there will always be posers in every sport. i think dr.d makes a single aftermarket exhaust ofr the crf
Several companies do. Im not sure how they fit up though, as the stocker uses a y-pipe between the header and cans. I've not yet seen one with the conversion.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
i think they should go back to a single exhaust. Most people dont want to spend over 1000 just on a aftermarket pipe and silencer

Dittos.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Patman said:
The thing is nobody HAS to buy a new exhaust.

Crashes happen. If you wad it up it is a Grand. No thanks.

Top Bottom