Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Well finally went and rode the new bike over the weekend, and everything was great, felt good to be back on the track after some time away, Bike started right up and rode for a while, got back to the truck to take a break. then went to go ride some more and wtf can't kick the beast, stood up on kickstarter, and she didn't move, wtf, so I clicked it in first and rocked it it gear, and started up great, so I am suspecting the auto decompressor,(hoping), Happened more than once so time to open the top and check everything, Just wondering if the 08's were suspect to this or not, Checked breather hose no smoke, so I am hoping the rings aren't seized, any suggestion?

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Did a little research, and found that the cam bushing can slide and hold the decomp weight, haven't had time to open it up yet, maybe this weekend. Will let you know what I find.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
well to my suprise I picked up that 08 from the honda shop, I am the first legal owner other than honda to have the bike, Apparently a month ago someone backed there truck through the front door and "borrowed" this one. 2 weeks later bike was recovered, cops found bike in a ditch, They apparently fouled the plug and left it there, IE, choke was still on when Honda shop got it back. But now it maybe because the auto decomp was sticking, Will look tonight

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Well opened it up today and can't find anything, Little play in the weight not sure if it suppost to have anything, didn't have to much time to look, everything looks great visually, no scratches on any lobes, moved weight pin moves fine, Did notice that my cam itself had some play side to side, looked in the service manual and couldn't find anything on it, approx, 50 mils, just guessing. where it touches the c clip. I did some research and someone on tt had the same issue where it wound up being the decomp pin being bent, same year, and prob,also someone had a small kink in the cam chain doing the same thing. don't know, Going to pull everything out and check. also going ahead and buying a manual cam chain tensioner, read the auto is junk and can cause cam chain to jump a tooth.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
That would be nice, but highly unlikely, I have one now, but will never now the true hours of it, Any estimate would just be a guess. Going to pull the cam this weekend and do a runout on the shaft, could be a burr or something don't know yet,

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
I think that model has a rotating shaft inside the cam with an ofset pin and I have seen that pin bend inwards and stop working. If that is the case there is an updated part from honda that should not fail

Top Bottom