'09 Mods vs Rockers Vintage Motorcycle show

Discussion in 'MotoPhotos & Photography Discussion' started by Rich Rohrich, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Rich Rohrich

Rich Rohrich BioHazard
    Staff Member

The fifth annual Chicago Ton-Up Club's Mods vs Rockers Vintage Motorcycle show was held today in the streets surrounding Delilah's Bar, right in the heart of the city. It's always a fun show with lots of interesting bikes and fun (and sometimes ODD) motorcycle people. It's one of the many great reasons to be in Chicago in the summer.

I took a ton of shots and hopefully I'll get a few keepers.

I'm sorting through them and will be posting them in a gallery on my website over the next week or so but for now here's just a little taste.

The highlight for me was seeing Big Sid's incredible "Vincati", and getting the chance to chat with him a bit. I suspect Big Sid must be AJ's real father, because they are kindred spirits of the highest order.

The mighty Vincati ( more info at www.bigsid.com ). That's Matthew Biberman in the pic. He wrote the book about Big Sid and the Vincati :
    [​IMG]

A cool old Guzzi with external valve springs.
    [​IMG]

A little something for the Ton Up club guys ;)

[​IMG]

For those who didn't see them, here's a link to some of my 2007 Mods vs Rockers pictures: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=153207

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Rich Rohrich, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009

- PRODUCT DEALS -

2. Rich Rohrich

Rich Rohrich BioHazard
    Staff Member

One of my favorite parts about this event, is most of the bikes are ridden to the event, and at the end of the day they get kicked to life and ridden to the after party. You don't see many trailer queens in this bunch. :cool:

A couple of different post process attempts on one of my favorite shots of the day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The original :

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Rich Rohrich, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  3. Uchytil

Uchytil Lifetime Sponsor

Nice, as usual. Missed it again. I say "I'll go" and - oh well.

4. Ol'89r

Ol'89r Super Power AssClown
    Staff Member

Very cool Rich. :cool:

Love the Ton-up pic.

The first B&W of the Velo is great. Complete with the turned up cuff. :nod:

5. Rich Rohrich

Rich Rohrich BioHazard
    Staff Member

Terry - The Velocette was really cool. The best part is the guy rides it all the time. I see it around once in a while on the street and he's at the show every year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. helio lucas

helio lucas Subscriber

very nice rich... great show it is...
    one dumb question, what means mods vs rockers?
    modified bikes and pushrod engines?

7. Patman

Patman Pantless Wonder

Two subcultures back in the 50's? Mods were the biker types and rockers were scooter riders with some flair. Aparently they often got in to fights because of their different virws on bikes, clothes and basically what was cool.

8. whenfoxforks-ruled

whenfoxforks-ruled Old MX Racer

Pencil and paper ready Rich?

9. helio lucas

helio lucas Subscriber

ok, i think i get it... that brings to my head some random images from movies...
    after so many years and we still have mods vs rockers. just with other name.
    great times huh?

10. whenfoxforks-ruled

whenfoxforks-ruled Old MX Racer

What? Pat is correct? Fancy scooter guys? What the heck were they scooting on? Modified bicycles?