BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
If I ever meet a congressman who voted for the watersaver toilet bill, I will personally give him a swirly!

Has anyone had luck trying to modify one of these things? Stock, it takes about three flushes to sink any thing larger than a kiwi! Maybe a port job...........? It may be time for a trip to Canada for a couple 3.5 gallon contraband heads.

Incidentally, there was an editorial in our local paper recently about a guy at a Christmas party who tried to politely dispose of a piece of bad fruit cake. He ended up flooding the person's bathroom! What a hoot!

Last edited:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
We have no sort of bill in our area, live in country thats why, but my parents thought it would be a good way to save water and money with a 1.6 galloon toilet. Worst mistake ever, atleast in my point of view, have to flush the damn thing in intervels to get everything down. And if all of it doesnt flush, which it usually doesn't, you have to go get the stupid plunger.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
LOL! :)

My dad put them in his house and everyone complains about having to do mulitply flushes. I told him he's using twice as much water than a real toliet. I'll stick to my Al Bundy Furgenson. (I think thats what it was?)

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
Check this out.

www.flushmatic.com

We have these at work- really blasts the water into the toilet.
I'm considering getting one for the house.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BadgerMan - do what a lot of folks do that live near Canada. Go up and buy regular toilets and bring them back. They had a long article in the Duluth paper about the "toilet trade" btwn there and Thunder Bay last year.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
My step-dad had the pressure-assisted toilets in his house in AZ. The do make a fairly loud "whoosh" sound. Kinda like the sound airplane toilets make. Like someone just opened a cabin exit door by mistake at 30,000 feet! :scream:

Keep small infants and pets away when flushing! It's a powerful flush! :uh:

I had to replace a toilet 3 years ago. Had to buy the newer "water saver" (1.6g) type. It's the only toilet in the house that gets clogged. I did adjust the float shut off flap so that much more water runs down the drain when flushed, but it still clogs on occasion. I'll never buy another one. Definitely get the pressure assisted one if you are buying new or replacing an old one.

Last edited:

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
A trip to the Canadian toilet black market should be in order for you. Here in Canada, we have more water than we know what to do with!

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
If you have to buy one of these you need to get one that has a "jet port" at the bottom. the first one i had, had one and it works pretty good. It however used 3.5 gallons. I think some of the mfg'ers cork'em up just like the mc mfg'ers do the exhaust pipes to please the feds. Take it home and uncork it and wha la 3.5 toilet that works. anyway the jet port at the bottom of the bowl pushes the goods down the drain. I have a newer one and forgot to check the bowl for the opening in the bottom. the new one works on the swirl method and it clogs constantly. it just doesn't have the umph to get it down the drain. Your tax dollars at work!!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Baderman If you get thrown in the pokey for smuggling porcelain thrown's across the border give me a call I'll bail you out, I'm only 45 min. from the border

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Kohler makes a 1.6 gal flush that has a larger throat, and the holding tank is approximately 3 gal.  The float system inside gives you 1.6 gal when you hit the flush handle.  This is great for the #1.  For those larger #2, you just hold the flush lever and drain the entire holding tank.  Then you have a 3 gal flush. 

Happy flushing :uh: :moon:

Lew

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
These 1.6g toliets take away our bragging rights when we say "I had a double flusher!" :)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Stock, it takes about three flushes to sink any thing larger than Kiwi!

3 flushes wouldn't even get me below the rim. :moon:

Kiwi

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by BadgerMan
If I ever meet a congressman who voted for the watersaver toilet bill, I will personally give him a swirly!
Obviously his/her spouse is not like mine. I spend more time plunging the toilet just so I can use it. Nothing worse than having to pinch a loaf in the morning only to lift the lid and find a wad of wet tp plugging the drain and no water in the bowl! :eek:

I once visited a testing facility where they actually tested toilet models for their flushing capacity. To pass, a toilet had to flush 30 ping pong balls a distance of 30 feet in five minutes. When I start passing ping pong balls I'll consider that a valid test.

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
I once visited a testing facility where they actually tested toilet models for their flushing capacity. To pass, a toilet had to flush 30 ping pong balls a distance of 30 feet in five minutes. When I start passing ping pong balls I'll consider that a valid test.

Boeing uses canned dog food.
A little closer, but nothing replicates the real thing :uh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Woods,

Checkout this link from above:

www.flushmate.com

There is a video of the test you describe using "ANSI Balls"!

I would rather see them try a nice sized yam or something! LOL!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LMAO Kiwi!

kbud

Aug 28, 2002
to prevent the dreaded 'getting of the plunger' i flush halfway through. when we built our house the contactors messed up and had to put a 90 degree bend in the pipes so it cloges easily

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird

3 flushes wouldn't even get me below the rim. :moon:

Kiwi

Either I am a sloppy typist or SOMEONE'S MESSIN' WITH MY POST! LOL!

Sorry Kiwi!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You were saying....?!

I too have to post a sign above the poop cave. It states, "Please flush before, during AND after your out of body experience, our polite little potties can't take much." We've added more ruffage to ur diets, that helps greatly. If you flush during your experience, it helps "draw" out the little buggers as well, helps two fold. Wiping is another tissue, I mean issue. 3 wipes max with dual folds on each only, then a flush must occur. Simple rules to avert a catastrophe. I'm thinking converting over to straight pipes right from the "head"er.;)

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
its so bad around here that ive actually heard that some people take their older high capacity toilets with them when they move to new houses. the house owners have to reinstall them because its against the code for plumbers/contractors to do it.

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Get your self a "Toto", the best flushing 1.6 gal flusher on the market, Ive sold (installed) many of them, place's with no pressure, and bad drains, they just flat out work, its the way the bowl is designed I guess.

Top Bottom